Last date of revision: 23/10/2018
This Privacy Statement applies to Belux Travel nv, with registered offices at 2800 Mechelen, Frederik De Merodestraat 12, and with company number 0474.001.881, and to the travel agencies of its franchise network.
Belux Travel nv is part of the international group UNIGLOBE Travel, a worldwide specialist in (business) traveling and the world's biggest independent travel organisation. UNIGLOBE Travel is worldwide active through a franchise network in more than 60 countries. Belux Travel provides services both to private individuals (‘business-to-consumer’ model) and companies (‘business-to-business’ model).
Belux Travel nv is active in the Belux (Belgium and Luxemburg). The Belux Market is operated through on the one hand the coordinating organisation of Belux Travel nv and on the other hand a franchise network consisting of travel agencies, who are all located in Belgium. An overview of these travel agencies can be consulted via:
Axon Travel - Hasselt
Axon Travel nv
3500 Hasselt, Cellebroedersstraat 9
Axon Travel - Leuven
Axon Travel nv
3000 Leuven, Vaartkom 5
B&L Travel - Aartselaar
Business & Leisure Travel nv
2630 Aartselaar, Kapellestraat 58
Blue Sky Travel - Luik
Blue Sky Travel nv
Luchthaven Luik, Rue de l’aéroport 36, 4460 Grace-Hollogne
Mars Travel - Waregem
8790 Waregem, Stationstraat 98
Robins Travel - Wilrijk
Robins Travel nv
2610 Wilrijk, Groenenborgerlaan 59
Smart Travel - Gent
Smart Travel bvba
9000 Gent, Keizer Leopoldstraat 1C
Southwest Travel - Roeselare
Southwest Travel bvba
8800 Roeselare, Stationsdreef 6A
Tago Travel - Meise
Tago Travel bvba
1860 Meise, Nieuwelaan 64
Triton Travel - Lokeren
Triton Travel nv
9160 Lokeren, Zand 10 bus 0102
Triton Travel - Mechelen
Triton Travel nv
2800 Mechelen, Vleeshouwersstraat 1
E-Travel - Essen
Reisburo Essen bvba
2910 Essen, Stationsstraat 22
Universal Travel - Hoeilaart
Universal Travel nv
1560 Hoeilaart, A. Biesmanslaan 20/1
VDK Travel - Vilvoorde
VDK Travel nv
1800 Vilvoorde, Hendrik I Lei 45
XXXX Travel - Herentals
XXXX Travel bvba
2200 Herentals, Sint Jobsstraat 139
All these travel agencies ("the Travel Agencies") and Belux Travel nv are separate and independent legal entities. Depending on the processing activity in the context of which your personal data are processed, they may be qualified as a separate data controller or a joint data controller with one or more of the other Travel Agencies or Belux Travel nv. The Travel Agencies and Belux Travel nv don't have any liability for the other entities' acts or omissions.
Belux Travel nv and the Travel Agencies ("We" or "Belux Travel") want to be a great and careful company. We endeavour to protect and process the personal data that are entrusted to us in an open and transparent manner, in particular with respect of the applicable law and especially the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 from 27 April 2016 ("GDPR").
With this Privacy Statement we would like to inform you about why and how we process your personal data as data controller when we perform our activities or when you use this website and the forms and applications on it, who we give this information to, what your rights are and who you can contact for more information.
When we refer to “the Site”, we mean the webpages commencing with the following URL: www.uniglobe.be and www.uniglobetravel.be
The Site may include links to other websites. Whilst we try to only provide links to sites that share our high standards concerning data protection, we are not responsible for the content and the policy concerning data protection of these websites. This Privacy Statement only concerns data collected by Belux Travel.
When clicking on links on the Site, we strongly recommend you to first read the Privacy Statement on the relevant websites before disclosing any personal data.
The purpose for processing your personal data is to register your application for an employment in our company, and, if this application leads to start our selection procedure, make a profile of you, meaning that we will process all the necessary data that is required for us to assess your job application in view of a potential recruitment. This assessment can also include an assessment by a third party.
In case of positive assessment and decision to hire, we will also process your personal data to prepare an employment contract.
In case of a decision not to hire you, we will retain your personal data for a period of time as well, in particular in order to be able to contact you if any future job opportunities would match your profile and to be able to defend us in the framework of any disputes.
Finally, your data can be processed in the framework of our security policy and respecting our legal obligations.
The processing of your personal data is necessary in order to take steps prior to entering into an employment contract and is in our legitimate interests, i.e. the interest to assess you before deciding on making an offer of employment, which is, according to us, also in your interest (or in any case this does not override our interests). Retaining your data for a period of time in order to contact you in case of any future opportunities is also in our legitimate interests.
You have several rights concerning the personal data we process about you. In particular, you have the right to:
- access your personal data and receive a copy of them;
- ask that we update the personal data we hold about you, or correct such personal data that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- ask that we delete your personal data, or restrict the way in which we use such data, if you believe that there is no (longer a) lawful ground for us to process it;
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on your consent);
- restriction on data processing, if you would contest the processing or the correctness of the processed personal data, or if you wish to keep certain personal data in view of a possible legal claim, while Travel Belux no longer need the personal data for the purposes mentioned in this Privacy Statement;
- receive your personal data, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit such personal data to another party (to the extent the processing is based on consent or the performance of a contract);
- object to our processing of your personal data for which we use legitimate interest as a legal basis, in which case we will cease the processing unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing.
In order to exercise the above rights, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your request must include sufficient information to enable us to identify you, and must be sufficiently specific with regard to the right you want to exercise and the requested information.
You may also use these contact details if you wish to make a complaint to us relating to the processing of personal data.
If you are unhappy with the way we handle your personal data, you have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority (In Belgium: Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussel, tel +32 (0)2 274 48 00, email email@example.com).
We obtain your personal data because you give them to us, or because these are transferred by an other entity of our group.
We may further also obtain personal data from you by the way you interact with us or data about you may also be generated by us (e.g. camera surveillance records).
As mentioned above, you can apply via the application form on our website.
For the purposes of our recruitment and selection procedure, the processing of personal data may further include the following:
- standard data related to your identity (name(s), first name(s), address…);
- personal data (date and place of birth, nationality, gender, phone number, email address, hobbies and interests, …);
- your picture if you provide it to us voluntarily;
- data with regard to your professional experience (profile, data on previous employers, termination of last employments and work carried out, special projects, …), including reference checks if you have provided us with references in your CV;
- data with regard to your education (diploma’s, certificates, internships, special trainings,…)
- language skills;
- if applicable, whether or not you possess a work and/or residence permit for the European Economic Area (EEA);
- any other personal data that you present us with as part of your application, in your CV or motivation letter, related to the exercise of the role;
- digital assessment through the internet (social media presence), insofar as this presence is open for us to see;
- any other personal data (than mentioned above) that require processing by virtue of the law;
- camera surveillance records when you visit one of our sites.
You are not required to provide us with these data. However, not doing so might adversely affect your chances of being hired.
We may transfer your personal data to third parties who we believe reasonably need access to these data with a view to the achievement of one or more purposes of the purposes mentioned above. This may include the following third parties:
- suppliers of services in the context of traveling (such as airlines, hotels, car rental companies,...)
- other Uniglobe offices in Belgium;
- external service providers we rely on for various business services, such as IT support, insurance, surveillance;
- our mother company Uniglobe,
- law enforcement and government authorities in accordance with the applicable legislation;
- external professional advisers (e.g. lawyers or consultants).
In the framework of the execution of our agreements and booking of trips for customers and travellers in countries outside the European Economic Area, data may be transferred to suppliers of services (airlines, hotels, car rental companies,...) located in the countries involved. If it does not concern a country that offers an equivalent level of protection, the transfer will take place on the basis of the execution of the agreement with or on behalf of the person involved (art. 49 (b) GDPR).
You can find more information about cookies by visiting the following website: www.allaboutcookies.org.
The Site uses analytical cookies to gather statistics about your visit to this Site in order to improve its performance and design. They collect information about how many times you visit this Site, how long a visit takes, etc.
The analytical cookies on the Site are provided by Google Analytics from Google Inc. For more information about Google Analytic’s cookie practices, please click on this link: Google Analytics. Google will not use your IP address in combination with other data. To prevent the use of Google Analytics, you can always install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
Certain data may also be used to offer personalised advertisements through Google AdWords Remarketing or Google Tag Manager from Google Inc. When visiting this Site, you will be asked to accept the use of advertisement cookies via the cookie pop-up screen. You can easily accept or reject these cookies by clicking on “I agree” or “I do not agree”.
You can enable, disable and/or delete cookies via your browser. The cookie settings are usually found in the “options” or “settings” menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. You can also always use the “Help” option in your internet browser for more information:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
We employ strict technical and organizational (security) measures to protect your personal data from access by unauthorized persons, against unlawful processing, abuse, damage, loss and destruction, both online and offline.
We pay special attention to the protection of the data concerning payment and your payment cards (such as the name of the cardholder, your payment card number, the expiry date of your payment card and the service number). We respect within this framework the requirements of the ‘Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards’ (PCI DSS), a global standard with regard to security of data in order to protect confidential information concerning payment cards against theft. The compliance with these rules was certified by the Europe DSS Wizard Tool of Trustwave.
The technical and organization (security) measures include among others:
- instructions and training to relevant staff to ensure they are aware of our data protection obligations when they are handling personal data;
- organizational and technical restriction of the access to personal data on a strictly ‘need to know’ basis, and monitoring thereof;
- technological security measures and network security, including passwords, fire walls, anti-virus software and encryption;
- physical security measures, such as locked closets and alarm systems.
Although we take appropriate security measures once we have received your personal data, the transmission of data especially over the internet (including by email) is never completely secure. We endeavour to protect your personal data, but we can never fully guarantee the security of the personal data transmitted to us or by us.
We limit access to your personal data to people who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information in order to carry out their jobs.
In the event of a personal data breach, despite these measures, we will take all steps reasonably necessary in accordance with the GDPR.
We will only hold your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes mentioned above. In case the recruitment does not result in an employment relationship, your personal data will be retained for a maximum period of 5 years after the end of the job application procedure for the purposes described above.
Email traffic is in principle stored for a period of 15 years on our server and back-ups during a period of 15 years. Camera surveillance records are stored for a period of 30 days unless the images serve as evidence in (judiciary or criminal) proceedings because irregularities have been detected on the images.
Automated decisions are defined as decisions about individuals that are based solely on the automated processing of data and that produce legal effects that significantly affect the individuals involved.
As a rule, your personal data will not be used for automated decision-making. We do not base any decisions about you solely on automated processing of your personal data.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement and this Site in general, you can contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may modify this Privacy Statement from time to time. To let you know when we have revised the Privacy Statement for the last time, we will amend the revision date at the top of this page for each modification. The modified Privacy Statement will then be applicable as from this date.
Please frequently consult this page in order to be informed of changes and additions. If we would dispose of your email address, we will also inform you electronically about all changes to this Privacy Statement.